Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Little "Mean" Girls

My father-in-law and Mother-in-law are very interested in architecture. So, we decided to drive into a historic part of Richmond called "The Fan". There are some very old, ornate, beautiful homes there ... and it was great fun looking at all of the homes.

We came upon a tiny park right in the middle of all the homes and decided to let Griffin play for awhile.

There were about 8 kids playing around, and three little girls playing together. As Griffin was wondering around he walked near them and they said to him "This is OUR sand, go away" ... I thought ... mmmmmmm. I walked Griffin away from them and he was sliding, having a good time. Then I overheard the little girls say ... "We do not like boys". Never once did one of the mothers correct their daughters, or say anything to them.

Well ... I overhead several more things being said to other children.

One of the mothers then said something like ... oh they say things ... but they don't really understand what they are saying .... oh my gosh ... they are creating MEAN GIRLS! Do they not understand that? I just wanted to go up to them and say, he doesn't want to play with you anyway ... but I didn't ... yes ... I was an ADULT.

Anyway ... we left and went to the Children's Museum and had a GREAT time!


C'mon ... who could be mean to this face???

No comments: