Monday, July 31, 2006

Beautiful Butterflies

We have this HUGE Butterfly Bush in our yard and each year the butterflies cover it in the summer months. This year is no different ... there is literally a butterfly on each limb.

Mike took these beautiful pictures yesterday.

I thought I would share how they came about ...

He had been working outside all day putting up siding on the addition. He was drenched with sweat, and so, so tired. He came to the front door and said "Quick Missy give me the camera". I ran the camera out to him, thinking something was wrong. He started taking pictures of the various butterflies. My heart just filled with love for him. He was so HOT and so TIRED, yet he took the time to capture these beautiful creatures ... gosh I love that man!

Hope you enjoy ...


This one is gold and brown ... beautiful!


It's hard to see ... but this one is black and blue


A couple of different butterflies


In this picture alone I can see FIVE butterflies!

2 comments:

Jolene George said...

Your butterfly pictures are beautiful!!! How cool to see so many. I rarely see them here.

Anonymous said...

I took some pictures this weekend at a friends house and they almost look identical to yours, that's so funny. We are getting swarmed with butterflies on ours too, must be a good year!