Monday, June 05, 2006

102 Fever

Griffin has been sick all weekend. He woke up from a nap on Saturday afternoon and he was burning up. I took his temperature and it was 102 degrees. Honestly, I really didn't know what to do as this was his first fever.

I called the doctor on call at his pediatrics office. Of course he had a ton of questions, I answered them ... and he recommended we start giving him Motrin and Tylenol in 3 hour intervals. He also said a tepid bath would help bring the fever down. And to keep lots of liquids in him. He then recommended we bring him into the office on Sunday.

He's been running a fever that hovers at 101 - 102. We took him to the doctor on Sunday (thank goodness our pediatrician has weekend hours). The doctor on call did a strep test ... thank goodness it tested negative. No ear infection either. She said it was a virus.

I feel so bad for him. He's fussy, and doesn't feel good. I can see in my son's eyes that he's not well. Yesterday I let him take a nap downstairs instead of his crib upstairs. I just wanted to be able to keep an eye on him.

He didn't have much of an appetite earlier yesterday, however I did get him to eat a banana for lunch and 3 bites of macoroni & cheese. Then another banana for snack after he woke up from his nap. He finally had an appetite last night. He ate pretty well.

This morning he woke up with a fever again. The doctor said not to be surprised if it lasts for 4 days. I just want him better.

No comments: