Sunday, May 07, 2006

I Wore Gold Hoop Earrings

Last night I wore my huge gold hoop earrings. It's been 15 months since I've worn them. I used to wear them all the time ... that was BEFORE baby. These days I'm lucky to take a shower and comb my hair. But last night ... I was a girl!! I dressed up, wore makeup, fixed my hair ... and wore my huge gold hoop earrings again.

For what you might ask ...

Mike and I went to the Nascar Cup Race last night in Richmond. We had soooooo much fun! I haven't been in a couple of years, but things just worked out and I was able to go. Our dear, sweet neighbors watched Griffin for us. Dean & Cyndi we can not thank you enough for taking care of our little munchkin!

Now on to the race ...

Let me tell you ... there is nothing more patriotic then sitting in a crowd of 110,000 people ... all standing, hands on hearts, reciting the Pledge of Allegiance. Oh my stars!! I was in tears.

Kevin Harvick (29) led the majority of the race. Dale Jr (8) one of my faves was pretty much in the top 5 the entire night. But, Denny Hamlin (a Richmond native in his first Cup Series Race) was everyone's favorite last night. Not only was it his first Cup Series race, he's a hometown boy and he was injured. We all of course were pulling for him to win. Dale Jr won ... yaaaaa!!! But Denny came in 2nd. We were all soooooooo proud of him.

Although I did thoroughly enjoy the race ... I had more fun people watching.

There were some seriously entertaining folks there last night.

But first ... let me tell you. I smoked 79 cigarettes last night. Get this ... I'm not even a smoker. But the four men in front of me smoked, smoked, drank beer, smoked, smoked, drank beer, drank beer, and smoked some more. Oh my gosh ... I had so much second hand smoke last night I didn't think I was going to make it. But really, I'm fine this morning. Anyway ...

One of the funniest things I saw last night was a man walking up the stairs. He had an ice cream cone in one hand, a beer in the other. I chuckled. Only at a Nascar Race would you see such a site.

It was so nice having a date with my husband last night. I will once again retire my huge gold hoop earrings to the jewelry box ... until I'm able to be a girl again.

No comments: