Tuesday, March 28, 2006

G's First McDonald's Hamburger

I was in town today and decided to go through McDonald's drive thru for lunch before heading home. I ordered my meal and a plain hamburger to bring home to Wyatt (our dog). After arriving home I was getting Wyatt's burger out for him and thought ... mmmm ... I wonder if Griffin would like a bit of hamburger. I took off a tiny piece of the bread and gave it to him and he gobbled it right down. I then took a piece of the hamburger and gave it to him and again, he gobbled it down. So ... I cut the burger in half. Wyatt enjoyed his half in one big gulp. I tore the burger into bite sized pieces and placed it on Griffin's tray. He fed himself for the first time. He ate every single teeny tiny little morsel of his hamburger. I was shocked. I think if I would have had more, he would have eaten more. Well, of course he was still hungry, so he had some green beans and apple sauce as well. Do you see the sippy cup there in the picture? Our little guy and I are still going round and round with it. Mike and I have decided ... no more bottle. So, each meal I offer his milk in a sippy cup. He's constantly throwing it on the floor and I just pick it up and place it right back on his tray. He has no problem at all drinking his white grape juice out of his sippy cup ... but when it comes to milk, he wants no part of it. I'm feeling a little unsure of this situation though. Normally he drinks about 20 (or more) ounces of milk each day out of a bottle. But he's really not getting near that much with the sippy cup because he refuses to drink out it. I keep reminding myself that we are the adults and we will win this battle. Wish us luck.

No comments: