Friday, March 31, 2006

Cat Tails

It's funny the things that remind us of our youth. As I was driving today when a group of cattails caught my eye. It triggered a memory I did not realize I had. My Mama died when I was 8 (back in 1976) and honestly, I do not remember very much about her. Nor do I have many memories of us being together. But when I saw this group of cattails it reminded me of my Mama and Daddy. My Mama loved cattails and she wanted my Daddy to go down by the railroad tracks to pick her some. She wanted to dry them and display them in this huge wicker vase she had. I can remember being in the car with Mama and Daddy getting out by the railroad tracks to cut some of them for her. Gosh ... it was so nice to be blessed with this memory today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is just a great thing to read!!!!