Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Sleepless Nights

It's 11:30 am and I'm about to drop. Griffin has been waking up in the middle of the night and we can not figure out why. He's been sleeping through the night since he was 6 months old (he's 8 months old now) ... but the past few weeks, he's been waking up crying hysterically. He's in bed by 7:30 pm. Last night he woke up at 10:00 pm. I rubbed his back for a few minutes and he went back to sleep. He woke up again at 11:30 and stayed awake until 1:00 am. I changed his diaper, gave him Tylenol, tried the back rubbing again (didn't work this time). I even rocked him for over an hour. He was fine as long as he was in my arms ... otherwise, there was no consoling him. I finally put him back in his crib and let him cry it out. He cried for about 10 minutes or so, and then slept until wake up time. He's such an early riser ... he's normally up by 5:30 am. This morning, I woke up at the normal time ... but he actually slept until about 6:30 am. It was nice having about an hour to get some things done before he woke up. He's napping right now ... I think Mommy will take a short nap with him. G'night.

No comments: