Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My Maytag Repairman ...

For a couple of months my Maytag washing machine has been acting up.

Every time it would go through the spin cycle it sounded like a jet plane getting read for take off.

It still worked okay ... just the noise was very loud.

Sunday before Christmas it started leaking water

Time to call that elusive Maytag repairman, right?


Not!!!

I have a wonderful husband that can fix anything!

He went online to find a manual for our Maytag washer and his wonderful engineer brain figured out what the problem was. We called the local appliance center and ordered the parts. The manual said it would take two special tools to repair the washer, which of course they wanted you to purchase. Well ... the wonderful handyman that he is used standard tools.

I never thought I would be so happy to wash clothes ...

I tell you we really take things for granted.

I'll never take my washing machine for granted again.

Thank you honey for repairing it for me!!

2 comments:

Sue said...

My Frank was just like Mike...he could fix anything! I never worried if something broke down cuz I knew he'd figure out a way to fix it or "jury rig" it as he would say, till we could replace it. Handy men are the best!

Bonnie said...

You are so lucky to have Mike aka Mr. Fixit. Jerome is all about buying new (which we all know can be expensive). If my washer ever gives out, I'm hoping it happens while ya'll are here....so I can have your Maytag Man fix mine, lol.