Friday, April 25, 2008

Stay At Home Kinda Day.

Yesterday was a stay at home kind of day. We are in potty training mode here at our house. Griffin is mostly wearing "big boy" underwear during the day and he's trying very hard to be a good boy and pee-pee only in the potty. Wish him luck!


(Picture taken in March 2008)

I cooked a good old-fashioned country meal yesterday using recipes from Paula Deen and Trisha Yearwood. I made Paula Deen's "Corn Casserole", which I've made several times before, it was yummy of course. I also made butterbeans cooked all day in the crock pot on low with a whole stick of butter. And the main course was Trisha Yearwood's "Old Fashioned Beef & Potato Casserole". It's kind of like a shephard's pie. It was tasty ... but something very different than I've made before. There's alot of steps to get everything together and I feel like I dirtied up every pot in my kitchen to get it prepared. It was easy, just tedious. Our meal was definately yummy and I'm so glad I took the time to follow these recipes.

We enjoyed the warm sunshine and stayed outside alot yesterday. Sometimes it's just nice to stay home and veg out.

6 comments:

Honeyed Hashette said...

Good luck to Griffin on potty-ing like a big boy!

Honeyed Hashette said...

Oh and I need the recipe for those beans. :)

Anonymous said...

Good Luck, Griffin (and Mommy). Those recipes sound wonderful, too bad I'm on a diet. I am going to find Trisha Yearwood's cookbook, though. It looks like a good one and of course Jerome still eats whatever he wants. I love that picture of Mike and Griffin. Have a great weekend.

Bonnie

Cecile said...

Good Luck griffin It will happen before you know it!!
And about that meal Oh My Goodness I am drooling over here!!
I love the corn casserole. I still haven't got to B&N to get the Trisha Book:))
Everybody needs a day at home sometimes!!
Cecile

Heidi Ann said...

Oh, Missy. We wish we could've hung out with you guys. We miss you so so much!!!

Judi said...

Good Luck Griffin!!!