Monday, October 23, 2006

Pandas, Giraffes, Elephants, and More!

I've always wanted to go to the National Zoo in Washington, DC and on Saturday we finally went! We had soooo much fun and we got to see the Giant Pandas ... pure heaven. Here's a few pictures from our visit.

I loaded the pictures smaller than I normally do ... you can click on a picture to see it larger if you are interested.


The sign welcoming us to the Smithsonian National Zoo


Griffin, Mike and Pop are excited to be at the zoo


Tiger ... Griffin loved the tiger


Lioness


Alligator


Zebra


Cheetah ... he was right on the other side of the zebra and the zebra kept moving away ... it was interesting to watch


Otters


Hippo ... I thought he looked like a giant eggplant


Giraffe


Elephant


Chimpanzee


Tortoise


Giant Pandas ... they were incredible ... I will share more panda pictures later.


Griffin, Mike and me near the giraffe ... just loooove this picture

3 comments:

Sue said...

It looks like ya'll had a great time! Love the pictures...and I agree, the Hippo looks like a giant eggplant!

Andi said...

What fun!!! I want to go to that zoo!!! Love your pictures...looks like Griffin is having a grand time!

Jolene George said...

Missy...you got some really amazing pictures. I LOVE the zoo. I can definatly see the giant eggplant. :o) Looks like your family had a wonderful time together.