Saturday, September 09, 2006

September ...

September is my absolutely favorite month of the year.

There are so many things about September to love ... for me it has always seemed like a new beginning. It's my birthday month ... and I love that. My dad and I shared September as a birthday month and that was always pretty special. My father-in-law Ray's birthday is in September as well ... tomorrow to be exact.

September was "back to school" ... new books, new clothes, new teachers, seeing old friends and making new ones.

The new fall tv shows begin ... and that's always something to look forward to.

Growing up in Florida we didn't have a change of season ... so it's nice to be in Virginia now to experience the cooler days & nights. The leaves will begin to change soon, the air will turn more crisp, we will see pumpkins for sale along side the road ... mmmmmm ... yes ... fall is definately right around the corner.

I've decided to make some changes with my business as well. It's been so hard to keep up with orders lately. It makes me sad when customers have to wait for their orders. I'm working on the changes right now ... hopefully I will come up with some GREAT ideas to get orders out more quickly and make my family, my customers and me happy. If you have any suggestions ... please, please email me or leave a comment.

As we were headed back from our road trip on Thursday evening I realized something. I kept thinking, today is September 7th, and it holds some sort of significance. That thought stayed with me all day and for the life of me I couldn't figure out what it was. Then ... as we were driving home, it hit me. My mother had passed away 30 years ago that day. I was 8 years old ... gosh ... sometimes I wonder how different my life would have been if I had a mother while growing up. We certainly can't live with "what ifs" ... but sometimes I do wonder. I had a great father, sister and brother ... but "what if" our mother was there too. Would I be the same person I am today? How would having her in my life have changed me? One thing I do know for sure ... I still love my mother today as much as I loved her on September 7, 1976 ... and I always will.

Sorry to end on a sad note ... but really it's not sad ... it's good to remember those we love, those still with us and those that are now with God.

Happy weekend everyone.

1 comment:

Jolene George said...

Happy Birthday month Missy! Celebrate all month long.
I can't imagine a life without a mother. I'm glad you had a great family to love you. (((HUGS)))